(See the long version)
Booking my BA flights as part of a holiday through a tour company has taught me:
- Group bookings are treated differently from normal bookings, even if you have a booking reference number
- You cannot check in online or using BA's mobile app, you will have to check in at the airport
- You can request that your flights are associated with your Executive Club membership number, and you can earn miles and tier points (call BA for assistance with this)
- You may be able to view your flight under 'My bookings' but you won't have access to 'Manage my booking'
- If you want to upgrade your class of travel, ask at the airport check-in desk, BA don't offer pro-active upgrades in advance
(Note: this is based on my experience and BA's responses to my queries).